Living in Canada is a dream of many people. It is a desirable place to live for many reasons, such as its natural beauty, multiculturalism, high standard of living, and social safety net. If your passport doesn’t allow you visa-free travel to Canada due to limitations.
You could go for a Canadian visa, specifically the Canada Tourist Visa, also known as the Canada Visitors Visa. A Temporary Resident Visa allows foreigners to enter Canada temporarily, like tourism, visit family or friends, attending business meetings, etc.
In this article, we will guide you on how you can apply for a Canada Visit Visa in easy steps. You will also get to know what processing time is required!
What is a Canada Visa?
Canadian Visa Office issued an official document connected to your passport, a Canada visa. It shows you’ve fulfilled the requirements to enter the nation as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).
Before planning to visit Canada, you must first check whether your country is on the list of countries whose nationals require a Canadian visa. Then, it would help if you got access.
Check Also: How To Find Jobs In Canada
Do I need a Canada Visit Visa?
Not all individuals require a Canadian visa to enter. Visa requirements depend on the person’s citizenship or nationality, the visit’s purpose, and the stay length.
Certain countries require a visa to enter Canada, while citizens of other countries are exempt from the visa requirements as a general rule. So, if you are a citizen of countries requiring a visa, apply for a visa before entering Canada.
Different types of Visit Visas for Canada
Before applying for a Canadian visa, you must know which visa you want. The types of Canadian visas are:
- Tourist visa.
- Student visa.
- Work visa.
- Permanent Resident Visa.
- Business immigration visa.
- Visa for Express Entry Program
How to Apply for Canada Visit Visa: Online Application Guide
If you are planning to visit Canada or have Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and want to get a visitor visa, here are steps on how to apply online to get your visit visa:
Step 1: Determine your eligibility
The first and essential step is to check your eligibility before applying for a visit visa to Canada. You can check your eligibility through the website (IRCC).
The visa requirements for a Canadian Tourist Visa are
- A good reason to visit Canada. Common Reasons Denied
- Reason for returning to Japan (well-paid job in the home country, long-established company, family, etc.)
- Proof of financial means to support you during your stay.
- A well-planned itinerary with a reasonable time frame to stay in Canada. Avoid stays longer than 30 days.
- A “statement of purpose” letter includes details, including the purpose of the visit, personal information, funding details, etc.
Step 2: Gather the required documents
If you are fulfilling all the requirements to apply for a visit visa, gather the following documents.
- A valid passport that has not expired for at least 6 months from the date you intend to stay in Canada.
- Application Form
- Two passport photos that meet Canadian photo requirements
- Proof of Financial Support/ Bank Statement
- Travel Itinerary- details of your travel plans
- Statement of Purpose
- Appointment Letter from VFS
Step 3: Apply for Visa
Now you have gathered all the essential documents, let’s apply for the visa.
- Create an account on the IRCC website and complete the application form.
- Once the application is complete, you will need to pay the application fee.
- Visit your nearest Canada Visa Application Center with your passport, photo, and other documents.
- You must provide your fingerprint and photo (biometric)
- Submit your visa application to the Canada Visa Application Center.
- You will receive a receipt from the application center with a unique tracking number.
- Use this number to track your application online.
What is the cost of a Canadian visitor visa?
As of 2023, a single-entry Canadian visitor visa costs CAD 100; multiple-entry visas are CAD 500. Family (multiple entries) visas cost CAD 255. These charges are subject to change, and additional charges may apply depending on your circumstances, including B. Biometric fees, visa application center fees, etc.
We recommend that you check the official website of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship of Canada (IRCC) for the latest information on visa fees and requirements.
What is the Processing Time to get Canada Visit Visa?
Processing time for a Canadian tourist visa is 15 days if you prepare documentation correctly. Business visas can take 1-6 weeks to process. It takes 16-20 days to process a temporary visa application.
Applying for Visit Visa is simple but instead requires the correct guide. So here we have guided you through all the processes. When applying for your visit visa, ensure you frequently check the notification center on the official visa application website.
You will get to know important information regarding your visa application. The notification center provides clear instructions on the next steps you need to take, so it is essential to review each notification or letter carefully.
How long can I stay in Canada on a Canadian Tourist Visa?
Most tourists are permitted to stay in Canada for up to six months. A border patrol officer can stamp your passport with the required date for departure
How can I extend my stay in Canada?
If your Canadian visitor visa is about to expire and you wish to stay longer, You must submit a visa extension application. This is called the Canadian Visitor Record.
You must submit for an extension of your Canada (Visitor Record) visa at least 30 days before your visitor visa expires.
In addition to extending your tourist visa, you can convert your study permit or work permit into a visitor ID. However, visitor records are only available during your stay in Canada.
Is one visa application enough for the whole family?
No, all family members can’t apply in one application, so please apply individually. You must sign this along with the other forms. She can submit applications for the entire family in one envelope.